Quotes from The Hunger Games

Sabtu, November 10, 2012

The Hunger Games

  • “The more likable he is, the more deadly he is.” -Katniss Everdeen
  • “I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun”. -Katniss Everdeen
  • "No one will forget me. Not my look, not my name. Katniss. The girl who was on fire." -Katniss Everdeen
  • "What on earth does he mean? People help me? When we were dying of starvation, no one helped me! No one except Peeta." -Katniss Everdeen
  • Caesar: “Handsome lad like you. There must be some special girl. Come on, what’s her name?”
  • Peeta: “Well, there is this one girl. I’ve had a crush on her ever since I can remember. But I’m pretty sure she didn’t know I was alive until the reaping.”
  • Caesar: “She have another fellow?”
  • Peeta: “I don’t know, but a lot of boys like her.”
  • Caesar: “So, here’s what you do. You win, you go home. She can’t turn you down then, eh?”
  • Peeta: “I don’t think it’s going to work out. Winning…won’t help in my case”
  • Caesar: “Why ever not?”
  • Peeta: “Because…because…she came here with me.”
  • "I want to die as myself. Does that make any sense? -Peeta Mellark
  • "Only I keep wishing I could think of a way to…to show the Capitol they don’t own me. That I’m more than just a piece in their Games." -Peeta Mellark
  • "...for some reason Gale and Peeta do not coexist well together in my thoughts." -Katniss Everdeen
  • "Never gamble at cards. You’ll lose your last coin." -Peeta Mellark
  • "I won’t die. I promise. If you promise not to go." -Peeta Mellark
  • "It’s him. I do not want to lose the boy with the bread." -Katniss Everdeen
  • " “One.” Maybe I’m wrong. “Two.” Maybe they don’t care if we both die. “Three” It’s too late to change my mind." -Katniss Everdeen
  • "Already the boy with the bread is slipping away from me." -Katniss Everdeen
  • "I take his hand, holding on tightly, preparing for the cameras, and dreading the moment when I will finally have to let go." -Katniss Everdee
  • 2) Catching Fire
  • "Isn’t it strange that I know you’d risk your life to save mine…but I don’t know what your favorite color is?" -Peeta Mellark
  • "It’s good to feel his fingers entwined with mine again, not for show but in actual friendship." -Katniss Everdeen
  • "Was that really the only time you kissed Gale?" -Peeta Mellark
  • "But every night I let him into my bed. We manage the darkness as we did in the arena, wrapped in each others arms, guarding against dangers that can descend at any moment." -Katniss Everdeen
  • “My nightmares are usually about losing you,” he says. “I'm okay once I realize you're here.” -Peeta
  • “He tilts his forehead down to rest against mine and pulls me closer. His skin, his whole being radiates heat from being so near the fire, and I close my eyes, soaking in his warmth. I breathe in the smell of snow-dampened leather and smoke and apples, the smell of all those wintry days we shared before the Games. I don't try to move away. Why should I anyway? His voice drops to a whisper. "I love you." That's why.” -Gale
  • "Peeta, if I asked you to run away from the district with me, would you?"  -Katniss Everdeen
  • "Gale is mine. I am his. Anything else is unthinkable." - Katniss Everdeen
  • "I wish that Peeta were here to hold me, until I remember I’m not supposed to wish that anymore." -Katniss Everdeen
  • "Then I get it, what it means. At least, for me. District 12 only has three existing victors to choose from. Two male. One female…I am going back to the arena." -Katniss Everdeen
  • "I already know what will happen. Peeta will ask Haymitch to let him go into the arena with me no matter what." -Katniss Everdeen
  • "You could live a hundred lifetimes and not deserve him you know." -Haymitch Abernathy
  • "I just want to spend every possible minute of the rest of my life with you." -Peeta Mellark
  • "I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now, and live in it forever." -Peeta Mellark
  • “If you die and I live, there’s no life for me at all back in District Twelve. You’re my whole life. I would never be happy again” -Peeta
  • "I realize only one person will be damaged beyond repair if Peeta dies. Me." - Katniss Everdeen
  • "No one really needs me." Peeta Mellark
  • "I do. I need you." Katniss Everdeen

You Might Also Like

0 komentar